Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wine Travel - Julian, CA

In January 2006, my husband (Mark) and I went to San Diego to visit his sons. While there, we took a quick day trip to a different California wine town than most people are familiar with - far from Napa and Sonoma is the tiny town of Julian, CA. Julian is about an hour east of San Diego, which made it perfect for a quick, half-day detour. The town itself is small and charming, with a main street lined with little shops and inns. There are several wineries in the area, although we only had time for one tasting room. [More on that in another post]. Julian is a historic gold-mining town, founded in the 1870's. Nestled in the mountains, it's a scenic and relaxing drive from San Diego -- well, it was for me, I wasn't the one driving! The town appears to be the perfect setting for a romantic weekend. If I lived in the San Diego area, I would certainly consider it a perfect getaway. For more about Julian, see their Chamber of Commerce Web Site. If you want specific info about the wineries and tasting rooms in the area, including times of operation, click here.

It's also a great site for photography... as you'll hopefully see from my Julian photos.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like your article posting this is really nice article and very informative blog i really like your article thanks for sharing it.....

toronto limos

8:52 AM  
Blogger Ann Latner said...

Thank you!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home