Sunday, June 04, 2006

Folonari Pinot Grigio 2004

I generally prefer to taste wine in an environment when I can really just concentrate on the wine, but that can't always be the case.

Today we had a wonderful family gathering in a nice Italian restaurant in Manhattan. This "cousins' club" gathering was attended by about 30 people or so, and included food, drinks and entertainment. (My dad, my uncle, my daughter, my cousin and I provided most of the entertainment).

I asked for a glass of Pinot Grigio when I arrived and was pleasantly surprised by the wine, which was smooth, moderately dry, supple and light bodied. But I was really surprised when my mom (one of the Manishewitz drinkers) had a glass and commented on how much she liked it as well. I went to the bar to look at the bottle and it was a 2004 Folonari Pinot Grigio from Italy. It went especially well with the appetizer of breaded zucchini sticks with lemon juice squeezed on them. It also would be a good choice with salads and grilled chicken. It's a pleasant alternative to Chardonnay.

Thank you to Phyllis & John who so generously made today's festivities possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger knowlengr said...

The staff at this particular restaurant (are you going to name it?) is a regular part of this annual affair. They are especially felicitous, deserving of a glass or two themselves.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Ann Latner said...

You are absolutely correct. The restaurant's name is Cappucine.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home