Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Traveling to Sonoma

In July, my husband Mark and I, and our friends Oona and Don will be in Sonoma, CA for a week of wine tasting and relaxation. Mark and I did a similar trip in 2001, and loved it. While I'm there, I hope to be able to update this blog and bring you information on some of the great Sonoma wineries.

If you are considering a vacation, Sonoma is an excellent choice. Whether you are the outdoorsy type who wants to bike or hike, or the pampered sort who wants to hit the spas and have limo-driven wine tours, Sonoma has it all. For the literary type, a visit to Jack London's Beauty Ranch is sure to be enjoyable. In 2001, we saw Othello performed outdoors at a winery under the stars. This year, we will be seeing 12th Night at the Stevenot Winery.

One of the things I liked best about planning this trip was how easy it was. I filled out one form on the Sonoma Visitors Bureau website, and was immediately flooded with information on lodging, places to eat, and events. Stay tuned for our adventures in Sonoma in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home